POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Partial Output Options : Re: Partial Output Options Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Partial Output Options
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 21 Jan 2003 12:19:09
Message: <3E2D810D.EEBF760B@gmx.de>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> POV-Ray uses the PNG reference implementation (libpng) to create its PNG
> files.  If some programs cannot read image files generated by the PNG
> reference implementation, I would recommend to report it to the authors of
> those programs as bug.

To be fair it should be noted that POV-Ray cannot read png files from a
partial/interrupted render as image maps/heightfields/... either.  The
libpng function to load whole images ('png_read_image()') has problems
with them.  Reading the image line by line ('png_read_row()') helps (this
is what i did for HCR-Edit and what POV does in 'Read_Rendered_Part()' for
continuing interrupted renders).

Maybe i should post a bug report concerning this? ;-)

Christoph

Last updated 31 Dec. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______